Monday, April 4, 2011

Sweet Santa Barbara

This weekend, my boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary (we go by our first date) with a quick weekend getaway to Santa Barbara.



It's always fun to get out of the city for a few days and while Santa Barbara is only a couple hours away, it definitely felt like we were on vacation. The gorgeous drive up the coast, walking through the cute shops on State Street (I found adorable cupcake papers at Sur la Table), delicious meals out, and a canopied king bed in a beautiful hotel suite to come home to (we stayed at The Canary Hotel). We enjoyed a Sunday brunch in the hotel with live jazz music. I ordered lemon ricotta pancakes and he the eggs benedict - both delicious!

{the hotel lobby}

{crisp white linens. hotel beds are my favorite!!}

{I loved the star lanterns in the bathroom, although you can't really see them in this picture}

The decor of the hotel was done in classic Santa Barbara style: white walls with arched openings, Mediterranean red tiling, blue ceramics, and colored accents. I love that breezy California style and actually decorated our house in a similar aesthetic.

Decor aside, what was truly best about this weekend was just being together, the memories made, the good laughs..

And now... back to Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment