Monday, September 27, 2010

Hawaiian Oasis

It's been a week since I've last blogged! Feels like ages!

Truth is, my sister and I went on a girls only getaway to Hawaii. We were in Honolulu for four nights and five days and it was the most relaxing, rejuvenating vacation I've ever been on! Basically we laid out by the pool + beach, shopped, and ate. Joy, in so many forms.

I took a well needed break from my laptop and on day 3 my Blackberry broke! I was completely unplugged from technology.. a detox from my fast paced texting-while-doing-everything LA lifestyle.

We stayed at the Westin Moana Surfrider Hotel, one of the oldest hotels on Oahu, pictured below, which is absolutely stunning. Falling asleep while hearing the waves crash is so peaceful. I was in heaven..
VACATION HIGHLIGHTS
~ Orchid leis
~ Non-stop laughter with my sister
~ POG juice at sunset, which mind you is the most amazing taste (besides black truffle) in the WORLD!
~ Shopping in Waikiki Village. I bought this amazing puff sleeve silk dress from Juicy Couture, $248 here (I justified this purchase because the sales tax in Hawaii is like 4%. Oh how I saved!)
~ Ordering and watching two movies in our big white hotel beds: 'Valentine's Day' and 'The Kids Are Alright'. Both uh-may-zing.
~ Spa treatments in the ocean front spa. The spa lounge had fruits and teas and these adorable White Lion honey pearls, which are exactly what you think they are.. little pearls of shimmery honey. So fancy and delicious! ~





And now... BACK TO WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment