Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Something To Try


Lately I've noticed that I have become increasingly interested in cooking and baking. Perhaps it's because I will be moving in with my boyfriend (this weekend!) and want to impress him with faboosh cooking skills.

As of now, my specialities are cheese omelets and funfetti cupcakes... which is not saying a whole lot!

But I am decent in the kitchen, and have always been my mom and grandma's aid during the holidays! I love watching cooking shows and can definitely do the basics, but I think it is time for me to really cook more. Like cooking from scratch... not boil water and put the pre-made ravioli in.

Here is a fun recipe that I saw on a domestic chic blog called Atlantis Home. Granted, it is a quesadilla, but at least it's a start!

BRIE, APPLE and ARUGULA QUESADILLAS

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons apple cider

3 flour tortillas (white or whole wheat)

6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices

1 fuji apple, cored, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices

3 cups arugula

3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine mustard and cider in a small bowl; stir well.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spread each tortilla with about 1 1/2 teaspoon of the mustard mixture. Place one tortilla mustard side up, in pan. Arrange one-third of cheese slices over half of tortilla; cook 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt. Arrange one third of apple slices over cheese; top with 1 cup of arugula. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat process with remaining two tortillas.

Yummy!

1 comment: